Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Proverbs 6 - Honesty and Truth Over All

S- Scripture -   
 16 These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 
 17 A proud look, A lying tongue,  Hands that shed innocent blood
 18 A heart that devises wicked plans,  Feet that are swift in running to evil
 19 A false witness who speaks lies And one who sows discord among brethren.



O- Observation -
 It seems that He found Lying worthy of a second mention -
 "lying tongue & false witness who speaks lies" both scream to me "liar liar" -
God HATES it - strong word!

A- Application - 
Avoid lying at all cost. I am someone who values loyalty. To me,
 heart loyalty encompasses "truth telling" - In order to love others
for Him, we need to be Honest - if you are up front and honest in
 your dealings with people, it is showing loyalty - to others, to Him,
and to the truth.
I believe that the rest of this passage is speaking to being truthful as
well - in order to sow discord among brethren, you would need to
 "mix up the truth"- running to evil, would involve dishonesty on many
 levels along with shedding of innocent blood and devising wicked plans.
 Be truthful in all aspects!

P- Prayer -
 "Lord, help me to remember, even in the little things, that it matters
 to You how honest we are. Please continue working in me, that my
 heart may be an open book- honest and loyal to You above all. I desire
to stand for truth.
Thank you for providing a way through Your son Jesus, for my wicked,
 lying heart to be washed clean and to be filled with truth. Help me to
 honor it each day." Amen

 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading through the Proverbs. There is such a wealth of wisdom and insight for living there!

    You are so right. Every little thing matters to God. That's why I need the Spirit living through me. I cannot live up to His standards on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you jennifer- it's so so true!!!

    ReplyDelete