Monday, November 21, 2011

Proverbs 7 - Apple Of My Eye

S- Scripture
O- Observation
A- Application
P- Prayer

Scripture-   2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.   3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.   4 Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman: 



Observation- This chapter is more of the same warnings to steer clear of fleshly lusts. These verses call out for us to study God's Word, to gain wisdom. The rest of the chapter talks about the destruction which follows the ways of fleshly lust. (clearly defined in this chapter as outside of the marriage bed) 
Application- It states very clearly to keep the commandments and law (for us it is the Bible) close to our hearts - "the apple of thine eye"  to me - means to treasure the Word - spend time in it- to gain wisdom. I need to be in the Word daily in order to walk in wisdom. 
Prayer- "Lord, help me to remember to treasure Your Word, to hold it close to my heart by walking with You daily. Help me to gain the wisdom I need in order to teach my boys to keep You as the apple of their eye so that they can honor You with their lives and follow after wisdom instead of flesh that brings destruction. Thank you for Your faithfulness to Your own!" Amen

1 comment:

  1. Kelli what a good teaching and honourable prayer...
    Will pray with you for your boys... my boy is 22 and it is 'God with us' that makes all the difference

    love your photos, especially the one with 'unending grace'!

    ReplyDelete